Eastward Media, the Chinese digital agency division of Glacier Media Group, is seeking to add an Account Manager to its rapidly growing team.
Reporting to VP Client Services, the Account Manager’s core responsibilities are to service and grow their portfolio of advertising clients, nurture business relationships, and execute a multitude of advertising projects ensuring a timely delivery and high quality of output. Account Managers are expected to provide exceptional service to clients, and present new and innovative advertising ideas that are in-line with advertising briefs and grow revenues. This is a role requiring technical expertise, cultural understanding, native fluency in Mandarin Chinese / Simplified Chinese, and strong interpersonal skills.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Account & Project Management – 40% of Responsibilities:
- Nurture business relationships with assigned clients and discover opportunities for account growth and the provision of additional services.
- Manage a portfolio of client accounts and monitor all ongoing activities related to advertising.
- Manage and review the progress of client advertising projects, coordinate with project stakeholders (graphics designers, digital marketing teams) to fulfill timely delivery and quality standards.
- Conduct meetings with clients as well as inform them about the current and post work status of their projects.
- Identify accounts whose revenue may be shrinking, address any ‘at risk’ customers and reach out to these accounts to ensure they are retained.
- Develop presentations, and qualitative and quantitative market research.
Sales Development – 10% Responsibilities:
- Develop Sales Qualified Leads through active cold-calling and email campaigns.
- Advise on B2B marketing campaigns to nurture business opportunities.
Social Media Management (Chinese Language) – 50% of Responsibilities:
- Execute Chinese social media campaigns on WeChat and Weibo, including Simplified Chinese copywriting, interviewing, campaign design and community management.
- 2+ years of experience working in a client-facing role.
- 2+ years of experience in project coordination; Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experienced and / or knowledgeable in Chinese social media.
- Strong willingness to learn and win, with a proven ability to meet deliverables.
- Preferred: Reading and writing fluency in Simplified Chinese, translation certificate ideal.
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in Business.
- Working hours are 9:00 – 5:00 PM but will involve extended hours to meet project deadlines.
- Location: 303 W 5th Avenue, Vancouver, BC
- Travel: Office based but with regular travel to client offices throughout the Lower Mainland.
Please email resume and cover letter to kliminsang[at]glaciermedia[dot]ca
Deadline for submissions: July 20, 2018