Who We Are:
Inaugurated in 1994, InfoMine is a global information and technology company, innovators and creators focused on building products and solutions that are needed for 21st century mining companies and people with an interest in mining or mineral exploration. We connect decision makers to a dynamic network of data and people – accurately delivering information on business and finance, news, education, professional development and technology to customers around the world.
We have entered an exceptionally exciting time with renewed focus on innovation and customer experience. We’re committed to working hard and fast while maintaining quality, accuracy and agility. We believe that collaboration is what creates amazing products and are committed more than ever to being a part of the conversation that can help us create something amazing.
Edumine is the leading provider of training and education to the worldwide mining community. We collaborate with an extensive network of mining experts, educational institutions and professional associations to enrich the mining education and training experience.
Over the last 20 years, Edumine has built a library of 180+ English language online courses covering topics along the mining value chain, and has offered live webcasts and short courses on 60+ mining relevant topics. Edumine has also entered into partnerships with various groups, from universities e.g., through the Certificate in Mining Studies program; to mining associations such as CIM, SME and PDAC; to course providers (Humeng, Vista).
The Edumine content and partnership manager role is a full-time position based in Vancouver focused on developing and managing the course offering Edumine provides to the mining industry through the author and presenter network as well as partnerships. By understanding the mining industry’s needs for training, continuing education and professional development, the content and partnership manager will focus on adjusting, developing, and/or expanding the course offering to always remain relevant to the industry’s needs. In addition, the course and partnership manager will ensure there is a balance between maintaining or retiring courses and developing new courses.
Many of Edumine’s partnerships were initially set up very loosely, mainly to get going quickly and then test the waters. We are now at a point where these partnerships need to start generating a return that provides our customers with exceptional and innovative training, continuing education and professional development opportunities, while contributing towards helping Edumine meet its revenue targets.
The initial starting point for partnerships will be to understand the current partnerships, determine the potential value of each, and then either drive the value, or if the value is not there, phase out the partnership. In addition, other partnership opportunities should be considered.
Overall, the content and partnership manager will work with the Edumine product manager, the principal technical writer, and the educational events coordinator to ensure that all courses and partnerships contribute towards building our brand identity: “we make great people”. Edumine’s near-term goal is to become the go to solution for leaders and professionals when it comes to learning and development, with the long-term view of becoming the group that defines competencies within and beyond mining.
Who You Are:
You are an innovative, creative, analytical and strategic thinker who is passionate about the future of education and training, and you know mining. You never cease to put the customer first, and you enjoy solving complex problems, and working effectively with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced setting that is constantly evolving. You possess a strong blend of business and technical acumen; a big-picture visionary with the drive and leadership skills to make that vision a reality.
You know how to have fun, have a great sense of humor, and stand by the belief that there is no ‘I’ in Team. You’re looking for a challenge where you can be rewarded in a meaningful way - knowing that your work directly impacts the choices people make every day in pursuit of education and career advancement.
- Ensure Edumine’s course offering continues to evolve, by maintaining or retiring courses and strategically sourcing new content through mining experts or partnerships.
- Take the lead to manage Edumine’s partnerships – facilitate discussions, provide clarification, create and execute on partnership road maps, drive continuous improvement and innovate to build successful partnerships.
- Through skilled communication and sound business acumen, guide partner stakeholders towards win-win solutions for both authors/presenters/partnerships and Edumine.
- In close collaboration with the Edumine Product Manager, identify gaps which strategic future partnerships could potentially fill to ensure Edumine provides customers with exceptional training, continuing education, and professional development opportunities.
- Work with the Principal Technical Writer and Educational Events Coordinator as the mining subject matter expert to ensure all courses and their landing pages have technically sound content and are aimed at the appropriate audience.
- Support the Sales team as a subject matter expert in mining and training, continuing education and professional development.
- Collaborate with the Product Manager, and where applicable, Sales and Marketing on course as well as partnership positioning and their value proposition to customers, ensuring all courses and partnerships bring value to customers but also make business sense.
- Identify misalignments with goals, objectives and work direction against the organizational strategy. Make suggestions to course correct or escalate appropriately.
- 8+ years of experience in mining, with knowledge across the mining value chain
- Passion for education and professional development
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively while applying sound business judgment and quantitative analytics
- Excellent oral and written skills to communicate complex issues and influence others internally and externally
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to gain respect of senior management, mining experts who make up the Edumine author and presenter network, and external partnership executives/leaders
- Ability to speak at industry events, acting as a thought leader for education and professional development
- Ability to travel as required
- Passion for big challenges and a good sense of humour
- Team player
We encourage a healthy work-life balance, fair treatment of staff, and clear and open communication at all levels. Our “We Care” initiative puts the focus back on the communities we live in, with company mandated volunteering activities throughout the year. Our women’s network addresses women-specific workplace issues, and we’re adamant about building an inclusive and diverse workplace. We invest in education and support and encourage professional development. We offer a competitive salary, extended health benefits, and flexible schedules.
We promise to provide colleagues who are as unique, talented and likeable as you are. You can do amazing work here and we’re committed to helping you achieve your full potential but it’s up to you to make it happen.
Apply today with your cover letter, resume and compensation expectations to hr[at]infomine[dot]com.
No phone calls please. Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
Application close date: July 31, 2018