Who We Are:
Inaugurated in 1994, InfoMine Inc. is not a mining company, but innovators and creators focused on building products and solutions that are needed for 21st century mining companies and people with an interest in mining or mineral exploration. As a global information and technology company, we connect decision makers to a dynamic network of data and people – accurately delivering information on business and finance, news, education, professional development and technology to customers around the world.
We have entered an exceptionally exciting time with renewed focus on innovation and customer experience. We’re committed to working hard and fast while maintaining quality, accuracy and agility. We believe that collaboration is what creates amazing products and are committed more than ever to being a part of the conversation that can help us create something amazing.
We encourage a healthy work-life balance, fair treatment of staff, and clear and open communication at all levels. Our “We Care” initiative puts the focus back on the communities we live in, with company mandated volunteering activities throughout the year. Our women’s network addresses women-specific workplace issues, and we’re adamant about building an inclusive and diverse workplace. We invest in education and support and encourage professional development. We offer a competitive salary, extended health benefits, and flexible schedules.
We promise to provide colleagues who are as unique, talented and likeable as you are. You can do amazing work here and we’re committed to helping you achieve your full potential but it’s up to you to make it happen.
Who you are:
You are a great people manager and you have a strong technical background. You have a proven track record creating software products that customers love to use and continuously improving the processes and systems used to build those products. You have a deep understanding of how to align people and teams with organizational goals to iteratively deliver customer value. You accomplish the delivery of customer value in collaboration with internal partners on Product Management, UX, Operations, Sales and Marketing. You aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves and directly contribute to code development while leading the team in designing, developing, integrating and testing native applications.
Based out of Vancouver, BC, this position is both a technical software engineering role, as well as managerial role focusing on company products and services, requiring strong software engineering skills as well as strong interpersonal and organizational skills. As the Development Manager, you will focus on building an agile working environment that provides developers with autonomy, mastery and purpose to facilitate productive and transparent delivery of world class software products. Reporting to the Chief Technical Officer (CTO), the ideal candidate must have an extensive background in running enterprise agile teams, have deep knowledge in scaled agile practices, SaaS deployment and continuous delivery.
- Create project schedules that maximize quality and scope within resource and financial constraints
- Validate task length, discipline, and dependencies
- Drive execution from concepts to live (estimates, tasks, change requests, bugs)
- Lead and facilitate agile practices within a cross-functional development team
- Build a resilient, capable team that seeks opportunities to operate at their potential and takes pride in their accomplishments
- Keep the team informed of the overall schedule and changes
- Train the team on best practices, processes and standards as needed
- Meet commitments, hold the team accountable
- Evaluate individual performance and potential of team members, provide appropriate recognition or constructive feedback, provide visibility into metrics and KPI’s
- Manage stakeholder communication and requirements
- Solve problems, balance priorities, and find creative solutions that achieve results
- Coordinate dependencies with external parties across the company
- Take ownership of your role
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- 5+ years’ experience planning, designing, developing and delivering consumer software
- 5+ years in a team leadership role, strong people management skills
- Solid foundation in project management (including Agile methodology)
- Experience working with Jira and Git
- Understanding the software development life cycle, including devops
- Interest in learning and applying new concepts
- Hands-on experience with design and development of highly scalable web services and systems
- Ownership mentality, results oriented, invested in outcomes
- Strong work ethic, leads by example, comfortable presenting and interacting with groups
- Knowledge and experience with compiled (C#, Java, Scala, Go) and interpreted (PHP, Python) languages
- Knowledge of .Net, MVC
- Knowledge of relational and NoSQL databases
- Working with REST APIs
- BONUS POINTS if you have project management certification or training
Apply today with your cover letter, resume and compensation expectations to hr[at]infomine[dot]com. No phone calls please. Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.