The North Shore News, owned by Glacier Media, is a successful, award-winning newspaper celebrating 50 years in business. It is one of the strongest brands in a stable of community newspapers operating across Canada. We are looking for a new team member who will take on the role of Digital Sales Representative.
The right candidate has an unwavering desire for achievement and thrives during challenges. We offer training and development within the exciting and growing digital space. This role is perfect for someone wanting to start their career and offers many opportunities for growth!
- Develop new business and revenue generating marketing opportunities for the North Shore News and Glacier Media
- Achieve sales targets as outlined by the Sales Manager
- Attend events to network and build your portfolio as well as being an ambassador to our brand
- Book your own ads and manage ad creation using our ad processing platforms and software
- Participate in weekly sales meetings as required
- Create a marketing plan, write proposals and conduct in-person presentations
- Strategize with other members of our team as needed
- Participate in product launches and regular training sessions
- Keep up with digital trends and technological advances by self-directed learning
Skills and Requirements:
- Understanding with the ability to effectively sell digital products such as websites, SEO, SEM, Programmatic, Social Media etc.
- Ability to close sales
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Software literacy (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- A valid BC license and vehicle
If you think you are the right candidate to join our team, send a cover letter and resume to Vicki Magnison at vmagnison[at]nsnews[dot]com no later than February 15, 2019.