InfoMine brings the mining community together through technology. As an online data services company, we have +1 million unique users a month who come to connect with the mining industry through news, education, careers and rich intelligence. MINING.com is the leading digital publication covering the global mining sector.
People are busy. Our goal is to provide fast, comprehensive and frictionless news. Nowadays readers find news a multitude of ways, through search, portals, social platforms and e-mail digests. MINING.com publishes on multiple channels to keep our news in front of our readers. We are looking for a part-time Editor and Reporter who would work with our team based out of our head office in Downtown Vancouver, BC, Canada.
Who you are:
You enjoy reporting and writing short and long-form content. You are comfortable covering technology themes as they relate to mining, including data and analytics and artificial intelligence. You execute high-quality journalism from conception to publishing and syndication. As an editor you will assist in all aspects of website and content, including editing contributions from contributors, ensuring content is published as scheduled, and assisting with digests and other content.
- Produce high-quality written content, both through original story ideas and stories assigned to you
- Sourcing and syndicating news
- Publishing e-mail digests
- Network with and interview senior leaders and rising stars among mining companies
- Track, understand and able to explain developing trends in mining and mining technology
- Be fluent on social media in promoting content and interacting with other users
- Work to ensure a high level of communication and teamwork to help improve all aspects of MINING.com
- 2-4 years writing/editorial experience and a proven track record of sound editorial judgement
- Good understanding of business technology and key terminology, a business interest is ideal
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills, attention to detail and ability to work well under pressure both individually and as part of a team
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or any related field
- Knowledge of WordPress, video editing and data journalism
We are a diverse and inclusive workplace, and proud to be officially certified as a Great Place to Work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we bring our whole selves to work including paid volunteer time, innovation training, good coffee and free snacks, monthly socials, making it a truly fun place to work.
6 month contract with the possibility of extension. Candidates must be willing to work flexible hours. Holiday hours and weekend work will be required. Number of hours will vary however should not be more than 20/week.
This is an hourly paid position. Rate will commensurate with experience
Application Close Date:
July 30, 2018
Think you’re a great fit for this job? Apply today! Please send your resume and portfolio to jobs[at]mining[dot]com Please put Editor/Reporter in the subject heading. No phone calls please. Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.