Who We Are:
Inaugurated in 1994, InfoMine Inc. is not a mining company, but innovators and creators focused on building products and solutions that are needed for 21st century mining companies and people with an interest in mining or mineral exploration. As a global information and technology company, we connect decision makers to a dynamic network of data and people – accurately delivering information on business and finance, news, education, professional development and technology to customers around the world.
We have entered an exceptionally exciting time with renewed focus on innovation and customer experience. We’re committed to working hard and fast while maintaining quality, accuracy and agility. We believe that collaboration is what creates amazing products and are committed more than ever to being a part of the conversation that can help us create something amazing.
We encourage a healthy work-life balance, fair treatment of staff, and clear and open communication at all levels. Our “We Care” initiative puts the focus back on the communities we live in, with company mandated volunteering activities throughout the year. Our women’s network addresses women-specific workplace issues, and we’re adamant about building an inclusive and diverse workplace. We invest in education and support and encourage professional development. We offer a competitive salary, extended health benefits, and flexible schedules.
We promise to provide colleagues who are as unique, talented and likeable as you are. You can do amazing work here and we’re committed to helping you achieve your full potential but it’s up to you to make it happen.
Who you are:
You are an Educational Events Coordinator with a passion for exceptional customer service. You are outgoing and energetic and enjoy making people feel welcome and at home. You have an entrepreneurial spirit, and you take pride in owning your role and responsibilities. Your egoless nature plays well in a dynamic team environment, and you thrive under pressure because you’re always organized, prepared and adaptable. You have a solid work ethic and strong attention to detail. You’re self-aware, love a challenge, and apply design thinking to solve problems.
Edumine is the leading provider of professional development and training to the worldwide mining community. We collaborate with educational institutions and professional associations to enrich the mining education and training experience. As the Educational Events Coordinator, based out of Vancouver, BC, you will be responsible for a variety of tasks, all of which play a key role in providing an exceptional customer service experience to our clients globally that attend our webcasts and short courses. Reporting to the VP of Education Solutions, you must be able to solve customer issues, develop innovative ways of servicing our customers, and continuously improve the quality of service Edumine provides. Top performers will have career growth opportunities both within Edumine as well as the greater InfoMine organization.
- Handle hands-on administrative tasks required to prepare for and host our live courses (webcasts and short courses)
- Work closely with experts from our extensive network of presenters to ensure deliver the courses in a professional manner
- Service our global learning customers attending these courses, resolving issues in a timely manner
- Drive marketing initiatives for scheduled live courses to maximize attendance of courses
- Work closely with the client account manager to help drive customer retention
- Analyze data to identify performance trends of customer service and opportunities for continuous improvement
- Resolve customer calls and issues in a timely manner
- Event Coordination and/or Customer Service experience preferred
- Passion for exceptional Customer Service
- Extremely perceptive individual with strong interpersonal skills, capable of relating to individuals at all levels
- Able to work independently and in a team environment to accomplish a common goal
- Must be able to effectively communicate (both verbally and in written form)
- Strong attention to detail especially when dealing with repetitive tasks
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong multi-tasker - ability to handle multiple tasks and requests while maintaining results in core job functions and responsibilities
- Consistent positive demeanor when handling various job responsibilities
- Enjoys a start-up mentality in a fast-paced/high energy work environment
- Professional acumen in order to interact with and handle various escalated issues from internal and external customers
- Must possess good time management and organization skills
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook; Salesforce experience preferred)
- Spanish working proficiency preferred
Apply today with your cover letter, resume and compensation expectations to hr[at]infomine[dot]com. No phone calls please. Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.