Who We Are:
Established in 1994, InfoMine is a global information and technology company, innovators and creators focused on building products and solutions that are needed for 21st century mining companies and people with an interest in mining or mineral exploration. We connect decision makers to a dynamic network of data and people – accurately delivering information on business and finance, news, education, professional development and technology to customers around the world.
We have entered an exceptionally exciting time with renewed focus on innovation and customer experience. We’re committed to working hard and fast while maintaining quality, accuracy and agility. We believe that collaboration is what creates amazing products and are committed more than ever to being a part of the conversation that can help us create something amazing.
Edumine is the leading provider of training and education to the worldwide mining community. We collaborate with an extensive network of mining experts, educational institutions and professional associations to enrich the mining education and training experience.
Over the last 20 years, Edumine has built a library of 180+ English language online courses covering topics along the mining value chain and has offered live webcasts and short courses on 60+ mining relevant topics. We are in the midst of a major project to re-imagine our platform and content.
You will create and manage our learning content strategy for mining industry professionals.
You’ll be able to tap into our extensive library and pool of authors and presenters to create dynamic new content and enhance existing content as we roll out a brand-new learning platform to our customers. It’s not every day you get to help re-invent a business!
You will source content from industry experts and academics and work with technical writers and instructional designers to develop engaging and pedagogically-sound content and learning programs.
You will continuously work to understand the mining industry’s needs for training, continuing education and professional development, and you will adjust, develop and expand the overall strategy and course offerings to always remain relevant to the industry’s needs.
You will work as part of a team to ensure that the overall strategy remains centered on our brand identity: “We Make Great People”.
Who you Are:
You are an innovative, creative, analytical and strategic thinker who is passionate about the future of education and training. You have a deep understanding of learning theories, principles, methods, and techniques relevant in the field of adult learning and instructional design. You have a demonstrated ability to translate these theories into engaging and effective learning assets (please be prepared to show a portfolio of work). You have proven skills in project management and a working knowledge of the mining and mineral processing industry.
You know how to have fun, have a great sense of humor, and stand by the belief that there is no ‘I’ in Team. You’ve worked hands-on in learning content development now for a while and you’re looking to take the next step into managing the whole process from end-to-end. You want a challenge where you can be rewarded in a meaningful way - knowing that your work directly impacts the choices people make every day in pursuit of education and career advancement.
- Drafting of calls for proposals for new content from industry experts (including practitioners, consultants, academics, and professional trainers)
- Act as subject matter expert during initial review of content proposals on mining and mineral processing
- Conduct needs assessments and facilitate design sessions with various stakeholders, subject matter experts and suppliers
- Identify and develop the appropriate learning and training strategies, program architectures and content mapping
- Design and develop storyboards, content briefs, and learning outcomes to direct technical writers and instructional designers
- Manage all outsourced technical writing, instructional design, and content development resources
- Evaluate the quality and impact of solutions on learning transfer, organizational effectiveness, and performance results
- Ensuring an excellent customer experience in tandem with our Customer Experience Team
- A degree in instructional design combined with 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role in the field of training; a degree or experience in a business-related position is an advantage
- 2-3 years of experience in geology, mining or mineral processing, with knowledge across the mining value chain
- A passion for education and professional development and a desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- An excellent knowledge of e-learning and strong project management skills
- A demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively while applying sound business judgment and quantitative analytics
- An outgoing personality, a strategic vision as well as excellent analytical and organizational skills
- A Team player with a passion for big challenges and a good sense of humour
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
We encourage a healthy work-life balance, fair treatment of staff, and clear and open communication at all levels. Our “We Care” initiative puts the focus back on the communities we live in, with company mandated volunteering activities throughout the year. We’re passionate about building an inclusive and diverse workplace. We invest in education and support and encourage professional development. We offer a competitive salary, extended health benefits, and flexible schedules.
We promise to provide colleagues who are as unique, talented and likeable as you are. You can do amazing work here and we’re committed to helping you achieve your full potential but it’s up to you to make it happen.
Apply today with your cover letter, resume and compensation expectations to hr[at]infomine[dot]com. No phone calls please. Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
Closing May 31, 2019