InfoMine Inc. – Full Stack Developer
Reporting to the Development Manager
Who We Are:
Inaugurated in 1994, InfoMine is a global information and technology company; innovators and creators focused on building products and solutions that are needed for 21st century mining companies and people with an interest in mining or mineral exploration. We connect decision makers to a dynamic network of data and people – accurately delivering information on business and finance, news, education, professional development and technology to customers around the world.
We have entered an exceptionally exciting time with renewed focus on innovation and customer experience. We’re committed to working hard and fast while maintaining quality, accuracy and agility. We believe that collaboration is what creates amazing products and are committed more than ever to being a part of the conversation that can help us create something amazing.
Who You Are:
You are a well-rounded software development engineer with a proven track record of solving challenging technical problems and creating great products for end users. You are someone who can work well in a heterogeneous environment of different languages and technologies, and can bring flexibility, speed and quality to our team. You are talented and experienced with expertise in building scalable web services in cloud environments and full stack application development. You have a solid background in the fundamentals of software development, and have a deep understanding of best practices in various languages/technologies. You love creating things and take great personal pride in building cool interfaces for other developers to use.
We are seeking someone who has strong technical skills with a can-do attitude and a passion for high quality software. We move at a fast pace and deliver software iteratively using AGILE best practices and cutting-edge technologies.
As a developer, based out of Vancouver, BC, you will work directly with product managers and other developers to bring our products to life. You will work in a fast paced and rewarding environment and be given the opportunity to contribute to various products that are used by hundreds of thousands of users around the world.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- Equivalent experience to a Bachelor’s degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
- 5+ years of professional experience in software development
- Computer science fundamentals in object-oriented design
- Computer science fundamentals in data structures
- Computer science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Experience with C#, MVC, .Net, PHP, Python, jQuery, HTML, CSS, MySQL, AWS, Memcache, Git, Jira
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Experience in web UI and AJAX-based interactive application development
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Experience communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
- Work directly with product managers and other developers to bring our products to life
- Developing, building and implementing scalable web services in a cloud environment
- Full stack application development
- Helping to maintain existing systems
- Working in a highly interactive, team-oriented environment
We encourage a healthy work-life balance, fair treatment of staff, and clear and open communication at all levels. Our “We Care” initiative puts the focus back on the communities we live in, with company mandated volunteering activities throughout the year. Our women’s network addresses women-specific workplace issues, and we’re adamant about building an inclusive and diverse workplace. We invest in education and support and encourage professional development. We offer a competitive salary, extended health benefits, and flexible schedules.
We promise to provide colleagues who are as unique, talented and likeable as you are. You can do amazing work here and we’re committed to helping you achieve your full potential but it’s up to you to make it happen.
Apply today with your cover letter, resume and compensation expectations to hr[at]infomine[dot]com. No phone calls please. Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
Closing Date: July 27, 2018