The Prince George Citizen, Central B.C.’s largest daily newspaper, is seeking a full-time multimedia journalist. The ideal candidate possesses a passion for storytelling in various formats, a cool, rational composure working under tight deadlines and the willingness to collaborate with a team of award-winning journalists.
This position requires evening and weekend work, with a focus on writing spot news, breaking news and general news stories for The Citizen’s website. The successful applicant will have experience as a photographer and videographer and be able to post all content to the website in a timely manner. Providing stories for The Citizen’s print edition is also a requirement.
• A post-secondary degree in journalism, with consideration given to candidates with related education and experience.
• Thorough working knowledge of Polopoly and Photoshop for updating the website.
• Thorough working knowledge of social media techniques and analytics to foster audience traffic and engagement.
• A reliable vehicle and a clean driving record.
• Writing tight and bright copy covering spot news, as well as breaking news in politics, health and education for online and print.
• Investigating and writing long-form stories and series exploring issues in detail. Coordinating with other reporters and editors for online and print stories.
• Posting and scheduling stories for website and social media.
Interested applicants with these qualifications are asked to submit their resume, cover letter and work samples via email to Prince George Citizen Editor-in-Chief Neil Godbout at ngodbout[at]pgcitizen[dot]ca.
No phone calls please. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. Closing date is Friday, October 27 at 5 pm.