Glacier Media Group has an immediate opening for a dependable, skilled journeyman pressman to work on a Goss Urbanite, eight-unit, four-colour press for the Prince George Citizen.
Responsibilities include printing a daily newspaper as well as special sections and any additional printing opportunities that are required. Must keep press maintained and press room in neat condition. Experience with newspaper stackers is an asset.
The Citizen prints five days a week and has been the newspaper of record for the city of Prince George for more than 99 years, publishing daily since 1957.
Basic qualifications for this position:
- Must be focused, goal oriented and have an eye for detail
- Must be a quick thinker with an ability to multitask
- Must be mechanically inclined and safety oriented
- Must be able to meet daily deadlines and work well under pressure
- Must have fork lift experience
- Works well with others
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Self Motivated
This is a union position that includes a comprehensive benefits package.
Application deadline is Wednesday May 23, 2018.
Please apply to:
Prince George Citizen
#201 1777 3rd Avenue
Prince George, B.C. V2N 3G7
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.