The Weyburn Review has an immediate opening for a dedicated and enthusiastic full-time Journalist. Our one-person newsroom is responsible for delivering solid news coverage and compelling photos for communities in Southwest Saskatchewan and works to break important stories that matter to our readers.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, a person who’s not afraid to go the extra mile to capture and tell human-focused stories.
We’re looking for someone who can:
• generate story ideas
• write up to 10 stories a week (sports, news, opinion and features)
• take compelling, eye-catching photos
• keep our community updated by posting to the website/social media
• be a team player who is flexible to changing work needs
• a driver’s license and working vehicle
• proficiency in English and CP style
• adherence to journalistic ethics
• ability to write accurate and fair stories to deadline
• computer skills in a Mac environment
• a post-secondary qualification in journalism or a related field would be an asset
• basic knowledge of Photoshop and InDesign would be an asset
• possess excellent communication skills
Deadline for applications is June 22, 2018.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Successful candidates will be contacted to set up an interview. If this job seems right for you, please email your resume, writing and photography samples and references to:
Publisher, Weyburn Review