Glacier Media Inc. is a leading information communications company focused on the provision of essential information and related services through print, electronic and online media.
Glacier is hiring a permanent, full time Service Desk and Technical Support position for our main office in Burnaby.
The Service Desk and Technical Support candidate will use exceptional customer service and communication skills to assist end-users in person, over the phone and by email. The right person must be able to enter, track and maintain work orders, troubleshoot technical issues, monitor network activity and install and maintain software applications as required.
Daily activities can include: receiving work orders, calls, and email; documenting and closing orders; monitoring open orders; resolving problems with end users; performing upgrades, patches and service packs; prioritizing incidents and escalating work orders to Tier 2 support.
The Right Candidate Has:
- Excellent English language skills, both written and verbal
- Exceptional people skills with a strong desire to assist end users
- The ability to work independently with little supervision and as part of a team
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP networks; Windows Server 2003/8/12, Windows 7/8/10, and Office
- The ability to train end-users in a variety of Glacier’s business applications
- The ability to travel throughout BC and western Canada
- Enter, track and maintain work orders in Track-IT! ticketing system
- Document problem resolutions and enter them into Support Knowledgebase
- Troubleshoot technical issues as they relate to network, hardware, or software applications
- Create and maintain network user accounts and passwords
- Provide end-user support and training where applicable
- Monitor network activity and devices
- Install and maintain software applications as required
- Monitor and report on business critical systems including Exchange, Great Plains, iPhones, Internet connectivity, websites, ftp, disk capacity on all servers, backup and event logs
- Document procedures, processes and policies
- Diploma, bachelor’s degree in Computer Systems, industry-recognized certification(s), or equivalent experience working on a Service Desk or in a Technical Support role
- Working knowledge of: TCP/IP networks, Windows Server 2003/8/12, Windows 7/8/10, Office for Windows and Mac, Office 365
- Familiarity with Terminal Services, Windows database applications that use MS SQL Server
- Mac OS and Adobe CS experience an asset
The salary is based on a combination of education, practical technical knowledge and prior experience. Some travel may be necessary within BC and western Canada. Hours will vary and may include some weekends and evenings.
To apply for this position please send your cover letter, and resume by email to careers[at]glaciermedia[dot]ca. Closing date for applications is January 17, 2018. Please include “Service Desk and Technical Support” in the Subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Please no phone calls or office visits pertaining to this posting.